[text_block style=”style_1.png” align=”left”]
A fitness enthusiast for several years, John discovered CrossFit in early 2005.
After realising the potency & potential of CrossFit, he began his journey of learning & sharing the benefits of performance-based training.
A Certified CrossFit Trainer (CCFT, CF-L3), John continues to evolve his fitness knowledge and coaching skills.
In addition to his CrossFit certifications, he is a Kanama High Performance Weightlifting Level 1 Coach, and has received training from the Ontario Weightlifting Association.
John is also an avid martial arts student, having begun his training in JKD Concepts and the Filipino Martial Arts in 1997 under renown JKD Concepts instructor, Makoto Kabayama.
To expand his martial arts repertoire, John has also trained with Jason Lancucki of SBG Toronto, as well as studied BJJ (Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu) with Elliott Bayev, head instructor at OpenMat Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
John’s current qualifications include:[/text_block]
- Certified CrossFit Trainer (CCFT, CF-L3)
- CrossFit Weightlifting (Mike Burgener)
- CrossFit Basic Barbell (Mark Rippetoe)
- CrossFit Nutrition (Robb Wolf)
- CrossFit Mobility (Kelly Starrett)
- CrossFit Endurance (Karl Borg)
- CrossFit Judges
- Weightlifting Level 1 Coach (Hani Kanama, Kanama High Performance)
- JKD Concepts Apprentice Instructor (Makoto Kabayama, Kabayama Bushidokan)
- CPR & First Aid